Oh My Goodness, My Friend Got Saved, Now What Do I Do?
I. At the Moment of Salvation
- Ask them the Two Questions for “Assurance of Salvation.”
- Explain the Lordship of Christ – The Boss
- Share the Means of Growth as a New Jesus Follower – The Wheel
- Give them a Bible Reading Assignment – John 1 (Explain Jn 1:1)
- Have them to tell someone about their getting saved at that moment.
Rev. 12:11 “… they over came by the word of their testimony.”
- Set an appointment within the next 24 hours to get together. (If that’s not possible, schedule a phone appointment.
- Share John 1:12 (NIV)
- Within the First Week
- Take a “maternity leave” from the cares of life. Be with them at least 3 times the first week.
- The 24 hour follow up appointment
- Listen – Questions: How was your first day? Who did you tell? In what way did you get tempted by the devil?
- Share a one on one. Probably “Assurance of Salvation.”
- Share the Parable of the Sower Mark 4:14 …
- Rocky Ground When trails come not if. NO ROOT
- Thorny Ground – Provide opportunity for you to speak into their lives later.
- Good Ground – good goal
- Challenge them to Share Jesus with their lost friends.
- Host a “One Week Birthday Party” for them. Use a candle or match with “fire.” Invite Christian friends.
III. After the First Week
- Plug them into a Cell Group.
- Get them into specific weekly accountability // Checking their Vital Signs weekly
- Find something for them to do for Jesus within the ministry. They must feel needed.
- Create seven Bridges into the ministry.
- Continue to share all of the one on ones with them faithfully. (You helped birth the baby, don’t throw it out into the street.)
- Set appointments with their lost friends who they think are interested and share the gospel letting them give their testimony.
- Begin helping them to learn to share their faith and 1 on 1’s with others.
- Help them with their new converts.
- Share the vision of becoming a Disciple Maker.